Thread: Favorite Tool
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Andy323

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Mine is a pressing clapper. Years ago I overheard a conversation at a quilt show about the winning quilter never presses her seams without using one. I had no idea what it was so I butted in and asked. At that time June Tailor was making them. It makes a big difference in my blocks, all the seams are flat and smooth. I use it on every seam I press. Before I found the wooden one to buy, I used my smooth bottom bacon press, (I never used anyway) :D One of the old flat irons would work for quilt seams too. It really makes a difference to use one.
Here is link to a picture and how to use it:

http://www.judisstudio.com.au/index....d=22&Itemid=34

(***IF YOU FOLLOW THIS LINK, YOU CAN ORDER THE CLAPPER FROM THIS SITE.....IT'S 39.00 and shipping),

I haven't found any June Tailor Clappers in a long time. Ebay may have them.
Check the Clotilde Catalog, as I know that I have seen an advertisement for this item in one of my many catalogs. Clotilde carries things that you don't find most other places....GREAT prices on everything too! Also, if something that you have seen in a previous Clotilde catalog is not in the current catalog, just go to their site and use the search box...all the items are generally available, but do not make it into each catalog edition!
Aloha, Andy