View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 07:51 PM
Sadiemae
Power Poster

I am living proof that a seatbelt can save lives. I was coming home a few years back. A man pulled out in front of my as I was crossing the canal. There was nothing I could do and nowhere I could go. I did slam on the brakes and I went into the left lane. I don't know why I did this, just thought I should. Thank goodness I did because this way he hit me on the front driverside of his car. He had two children in the back seat who did not have seat belts on. If I had hit him head headon it could have killed those children. As it was I had my seatbelt on and with the airbags they saved my life. I flew about 20 feet through the air and hit headon the area where it goes straight up to the railroad tracks. I don't know that I could have lived through it without the seatbelt and airbags. I broke my left wrist in three places where it hit the window and I had airbag burns from my shoulders to my waist. It was a terrible experience.

Please wear your seatbelts and have all children wear them.

Top it all off my DH was still alive at this time and he heard the accident on the scanner with my information. He came and took me to the hospital. I also had to call the ER so my sister didn't panic when she heard that I had been in an accident.