Old 07-14-2010, 06:15 AM
OdessaQuilts

It seems lately there have been a few threads where we as quilters/sewers have been complaining of less than stellar service in our LQS or other fabric stores (WalMart, JoAnn, wherever). I am just as guilty as the rest of you in coming here to vent my frustrations, and it saddens me that this is what we have migrated into.

So I thought it might be a good thing to have a spot to give praise for exemplary service we have received. So if you agree, please give the name of the shop/store, its location (city/state), and why the service was good. Also, if you know the first name of the person(s) who gave the good service, let's point them out, too. Everyone deserves a pat on the back now and then, don't you think?

I'll get the ball rolling here:

in Frankenmuth, Michigan, there is a store called the Front Porch Quilt Shop, just behind the main drag. It's owner is Jan H. and I recently was in there looking for some background fabric for a quilt I am wanting to do. I did not have the pattern with me, but found the perfect fabric. When asked how much I needed, I said I didn't know :shock: . The sales gal asked me what pattern I was doing and I told her. The pattern mentioned was not one she was familiar with, but I told her it was on the internet so she went to the computer, looked it up for me and let me take my time to figure out just how much of the fabric I would need (it was a "fat back", so I didn't need as much length of yardage). She gets a GOLD STAR in my book!

Now, does anyone else have a stellar story to pass along? Don't be shy!

Odessa