View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 08:51 PM
gcathie

Hi neighbor.....Well I hope you got some good ideas...there was alot...here's some more ideas I use...I always stand up when I cut and try to cut exact that is really important ...I use blue painters tape about 6 to 10 layers for my edge once I find where my 1/4 inch line is at...I use a recipe card to find my 1/4 inch line...Next I pin alot...mostly at the top and bottom of the starting and ending block ..and at any seams...I use long flat flower pins....and then I always press and I always square up...do this at all steps of making the block...oh yeah I make one sample block to see how hard what I want to do is and if I can do it or is it what I want to do..well don't know if this will help..but it's my two cents......and oh yeah keep that seam ripper close ...it's your best friend...or will be...Ha ha...oh yeah my machine is in a desk so I have a flat top and that has really helped...Good luck girl and don't give up ...it's like the happy painter....no accidents just great quilts....take it easy and take it slow ...one block at a time...and you will get alot of help from here everyone is so nice and the advice I have gotten is unreal....great ideas...I'm always learning as I grow.....Cat