View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 12:14 PM
dsb38327

Originally Posted by Bottle Blonde
I brought this up on another thread and thought I would post it again. This topic may have been discussed before...if so, I missed it.

About 15 years ago I was making a costume for my DD, my pincushion wasn't handy and as I removed the straight pins while I was sewing a seam I put the pins between my lip. I know we have all done this! Well -- I sneezed -- the pins went into my mouth and throat and I totally freaked out! I couldn't breath very well and I was home alone. Thankfully I got them out by myself with my fingers and tweezers. It really hurt and scared the you-know-what out of me. I have never put pins or needles in my mouth since. Please don't it -- I think I was lucky they didn't go further down my throat.
If that had not been such a frightening experience it would have been an excellent funniest home video. You must have been frightened! I would have been.
When I was a child I swallowed an open saftey pin (small one). The xray showed it in my body. I remember getting lots of attention for awhile.
I am glad you are okay. /Regards, Dorothy