View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Andy323

Bonnie has such great patterns on her quiltville site, you are sure to find something to do with them. Once they are cut, you will loose some of those prints, and you will be able to view them more by value...lite, med, dark. A super easy pattern to look at on her site is the Boxy Stars! The prints get lost in the contrast...check it out! And also look at some of her Crumb Cake quilts...amazing what that gal can do with a scrap of fabric! That is why I cried when my hubby left my scrap bin at the dumpster when we moved from Hawaii....all of those beautiful fabrics that I had used to make some of my very first quilts....I can only hope that someone saw them and picked them up before they actually got pitched into the dumpster...what a sad thought!
I am the lady who raids all of the gals trash bags after a class or workshop to bring home their scraps....LOL You will be amazed at what will come together out of that "mess of fabric", and if all else fails....stitch a small top together, practice your FMQ on it, and then donate it in small mats to your vet or a local shelter...there is no such thing as an ugly quilt to a dog or cat who is sleeping on concrete...no such thing as wasted fabric...LOL (it all just wants to be loved!)