View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 05:54 AM
Rachelcb80

I have this pattern that I'm shopping fabrics for. I had left the pattern at home this week when we went out of town but I remembered that it said I needed 1 1/2 yards of each border fabric for border and sashing (you use 4 different fabrics for each side of the border). So I buy 1 1/2 yards of 3 different fabrics I found yesterday at a shop. I come back to the hotel and think about looking the pattern up online (didn't think of that before :roll: ). I find it and it actually only calls for 1/2 yard of each border fabric. That's fine, I don't mind that I bought more but I was thinking I wouldn't have to piece the borders and that the pattern was calling for enough fabric so you could avoid that. But even with 1 1/2 yards I'll still have to piece but with only 1/2 yard you'd REALLY have to piece. The picture of the finished quilt on the pattern (60 something inches by 71 inches) most definitely does not have it's borders pieced. It's my own fault for not knowing exactly what I was shopping for but if I'd of know the finished size beforehand, I would have bought 2 yards to avoid piecing. I just wish the pattern wouldn't give you such minimal fabric requirements, or at least give you minimum amounts AND no piecing amounts. *sigh* So now I'll have to piece big floral borders and hope I can make them look right. :(