Old 07-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Kas

Originally Posted by jljack
I like Quilter's Newsletter for the coverage of international innovative quilts. I also like their patterns for more difficult quilts. I save them in the hopes of being able to do one of them in the not too distant future. I just need more practice to be able to do them....hopefully!!!

Quilter's Home was fun at the beginning, but not really my cup of tea, even before Mark left it. I didn't renew.
I dropped my Quilter's Newsletter subscription and never subscribed to Quilter's Home for the same reason....when I buy a quilt magazine, I want to talk about quilting, not politics. Mark is such a crack-up, but as the issues went on, he got vitriolic in his politics. I so don't want to hear that. Politics is all we hear about on the news and quilting is my escape for a short time! I want the gossipy parts and the funny quilt stuff he is famous for. It got better the last year and then I was reading an issue of QH and said to myself, Mark is slipping on this one. Well, it wasn't even him! They were just trying to make it sound like it was him. Urgh. I don't buy it at all now. I guess I buy magazines for the articles and the updates on tools, techniques, and such.