Old 07-15-2010, 08:54 AM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by dunster
Originally Posted by Lostn51

Oh that is not good, I think it was the Brown version at that....

Billy
I have a 66 with Lotus decals, and you said earlier (before I cleaned it up) that it looked like it might be the brown version. I have been staring at Needlebar pictures of the Brown Lotus and the Egyptian Lotus and for the life of me I can't see much difference. Is it just that the left side of the stem is more brown than yellow? If that's the case, I have a Brown Lotus!!! These are pictures of the machine after all the work. There are still some things that didn't turn out nice and shiny. A lot of the pieces that I thought should be shiny (such as some knobs, bobbin cover plate) are dull brown. Any idea why that is?
That one looks brown but I almost have to have them side by side to tell. The stems on the regular ones are Orange. I dont know how the Brown came about, if they had a mess up with ink used on that particular run on the decals or what.

If the parts are dull then its the nickle wearing on them. just polish them the best that you can with Mothers Mag Wheel Polish or SemiChrome. That should help a lot right there.

Billy