View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Sue: Don't have a walking foot. Where might I find one, by the way? And I don't know how to lighten up the pressure on my pressure foot.

Patrice: I did have some left over batting and I had cut up some more jeans (possibly for another denim quilt) so I used a little bit of that to make several denim/batting sandwiches to figure out what I thought was the best stitch length. No matter what setting I had it on, they went through nicely with even stitches. But the quilt...when I start off at the edge it will flow through nicely, but once I start to get towards the middle it won't go through as well as it did. Now I don't mind the small stitches because they blend in quite well with the denim and Nick's not going to give a crap if the stitching is even. Its just a pain in the #$%! trying to get the quilt to go through sometimes.

Why quilt the batting to the backing and not the top? And how should I stitch it to the batting? I mean, when you're stitching through top, batting, back...whatever you stitch on the quilt top transfers to the back of the fabric. But if you stitch the back and then stitch the top to it...you get what I'm trying to say?