View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 11:32 AM
candlequilter
Banned

Originally Posted by isnthatodd
I am thinking about buying a longarm and want to know if you all think there would be enough business to go around to help me pay for this after I practice.
Hi, I am not sure about your local area but I just bought my new Gammill Optimum in January of this year because I was having to wait 3 months to get my quilts done at the local businesses here that do it. However, other than doing almost 100 volunteer quilts for the American Heros and other charity organizations it has been slow. It is starting to pick up some now but it isn't anywhere near what I had hoped or expected. So far I haven't made enough in one month to make the monthly payment on my machine let alone see any extra money. I am glad my DH is understanding and helping with the longarm payments until my business is holding its own. I have been told by other longarmers in the area that this year is slow for them to, so I do think the economy right now is affecting it some. Hopefully for everyone's sake things will turnaround soon.
Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter
PS - Here are a few of the most popular pantographs that I use. Thanks for the email about the July special on my longarm services.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-76515.jpe   attachment-76516.gif   attachment-76517.jpe