Thread: What a night.
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 11:42 AM
littlehud
Power Poster

We are camping this week. Rented a fifth wheel at the camp site. Yesterday was the hottest day we have had this summer. The poor air conditioner worked overtime. We kept blowing fuses. At seven in the evening DGD and I went to swim. It was a little overcast. I didn't even get completely in the pool when the wind came up. It blew the pool funiture in the pool and we ran to the camp store. It was like we were being sand blasted and all the signs and such were blowing away. We made a run to the camper and that's when the skies opened up. It poured. The winds were between 55 and 65 miles and hour. That camper was rocking. After an hour of horrible rain and wind the power went out. The storm finally passed and the sun was out again. I went onto the deck and there was the most beautiful double rainbow. So pretty. The power didn't come back on til two PM today. Oh well, we went shopping and stayed in the cool outlet mall. What a night. I won't forget this vacation. Let's hope the rest of it is better.