View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 09:17 PM
gingerella

I agree completely with Lori S. note, above. A good Long Arm Quilter is worth her/his weight in pure gold. I have had experience in the past with a good one and lately, with a quilter in a fabric store, and I can tell you, I feel that my lovely pieced quilt top did not deserve what it got from her.

It was after this experience that I "assumed" I could do at least as good, and it turned out, I was right. I DID do at least as good. But I would have been very much happier and very much richer had I stuck with my out-of-state long arm quilting wonder woman.

I'm going to get better at it; I'm impatient. But the learning curve can be rather steep. Especially when the grandchildren come up for a while and the summer is so short.

I think if you have the time, and the circumstances are right, you will do just fine. But it may also will take a bit longer than you first thought. You should have a back up plan (capital) for those lean times in the beginning. And I surely do wish you the best of luck.