View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 09:52 PM
cricket1953

Found this site yesterday-- I think God sent me here- I've read so much and look at some many outstanding quilts here in two days--I have loved them all----
I made my first quilt when I was 17-My cousin Joe ( the smart mouth ) said wouldn't it be awful if when you washed that quilt is shrunk up to the size of a wash cloth-- Well it has never been washed-and 40 years old---and when I die it's going over my casket instead of flowers-
made a few more quilts- decided to take a simple class with my daughter in law Lyn a week ago-- 4 week session-- learned rulers- that was new to me- I had to stop myself from finishing the quilt ---so I then begin my search of quilts- read a lot - I know how to hand quilt but machine quilting is my next project--- checked out machines- but will probably figure out a way to use my singer xl 6000 embroidery machine I just had to have.
A new challenge for me - I WILLLLLLLLL conquer machine quilting if it kills me-When I bought the material- Sue our Quilt shop owner said I needed this seam ripper--- I said why I don't plan on making any mistakes. we'll see--- glad to be here Cricket