Old 07-16-2010, 04:00 AM
ladyinpurple135

Originally Posted by lovequilts
Keepsake Cottage Quilts in Bothell, WA (15 minutes from Seattle) is my local and favorite quilt store. I have been taking classes there for about the past 3 years twice a month. AND many additional trip. Julie is the owner and so great. Joyce is our teacher. We just finish Moda U and they give us gifts at our end of the year "brunch". Next month we're having a Pillow Thon day and just sewing pillow cases for charity all day. If your ever in the area stop by.
Thank you for the heads up on the store in Bothell. I'll be sure to makr a note of it - my son lives in Kirkland and I'm going up (from NC) for a visit in August. I just know how happy he will be to drive me around to quilt shops (lol) and I hope to get up to LaConnor, too. The only store I've been to in the area is in Woodinville - can't remember the name - but then I've only been up there twice!!

We have 2 great stores here in little ole Mooresville - each with their own flavor and I shop both. And we also have Mary Jo's down in Gastonia - luckily about 50 miles fro me or I would be there more often.

When I lived in Phoenix I did most of my shopping at The Quilted Apple when it was owned by Laurene Sinema. Also shopped at Quilter's Ranch in Tempe. A friend owns Zoe's Trunk in Mesa but that was a bit far from where I lived. Shopped at Sally's when I was in the area and bought my beloved Pfaff 1473CD there in 1994. Mulqueen's was not there that I know of - left AZ in 2003. Oh, QuilterZ in NE Phoenix is really terrific -was there in 2004 for the last time.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC