View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 01:19 PM
KiwiQuilter

I was recently reflecting on some of the comments I have made to postings about peoples beautiful quilts, and I thought that my comments don't really convey what I feel.

When I look at your quit, I see the hours of work combining just the right fabric and patterns together to create in your mind a pleasing quilt (because that that stage we don't see the tangible output). I think of the hours of cutting, and sewing. The frustration when seams have to be ripped, and re-sewn. Then finally the flimsy. I understand the thoughts that you have to weigh up about borders - to border or not - if so what colors??? Then there's the quilting - what will enhance the pattern - bring to life or diminish certain areas - and the hours of work involved in the quilting. Finally the binding - another choice which needs careful thought and consideration.

And at the end of your hard labor all is say is "what a beautiful quilt - love it!". What I really mean is all of the above. It never ceases to amaze me what someone can conceive in their mind and create with their hands. Well done to you all :)