View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 01:24 PM
Linda B

My DH surprised the heck out of me at 5 minutes before closing yesterday at the Sewing Machines, Etc. booth at the Knoxville AQS show when he asked, "How much do you need for a deposit" on a Pfaff Creative Vision 5.5!!!!!!!!! It was one that had been used in classes and was being sold as 'new' as far as warranties and goodies coming with it, but at a discounted price. I nearly fell out of the wheelchair he had been pushing me around in ALL day. I never even dared dream I would have such a wonderful machine.

A big thanks also goes to 2 ladies at the food court table who helped me talk up the virtues of the machine and how much I could do with it.

It was a wonderful day - a great show with fantastic quilts. (My DH also took over 200 pictures which I can't post because of the shows rules!!) I also got several precut packages of fabric, some backing material, a couple of Salem cutting mats, and a few books. I was a little surprised to not find better deals on fabric -- this is the first show I've been to, but I sorta expected some discounts on fabrics and there really did not seem to be any to speak of.

Hope all who are going or have gone to the show are enjoying it. It has been really hot here, but it was nice and cool inside. A big WELCOME TO KNOXVILLE to all of you.