View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 01:44 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

This quilt had been a UFO for more years then I care to admit. All I had done was the outside squares with cats cut from fabric appliqued on the black squares. The pattern started out as Puss In the Center from the book The Cat's Meow. Then my squares got put away for quite some time. I decided it needed to be finished and also wanted something to practice FMQ on as I have practiced soooooo little. The pattern morphed considerably. I did not have enough of the cat fabric to make more squares and I wanted a childs size quilt. So I made the appliqued kitty in the center to look just like the kitties in the fabric. Still not big enough. So I made the alternating sawtooth stars. You can tell by the closeup how bad my FMQ is. Please disregard all the cat hair, haven't dehaired and laundered it yet. I also have a couple of places where I need to redo my FMQ. I had some areas I had to unpick and got overzealous.

I plan on donating this to Green Fairy for the Romanian orphans.

the whole quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]75891[/ATTACH]

close up of Appliqued puss
[ATTACH=CONFIG]75892[/ATTACH]

close up of FMQ
[ATTACH=CONFIG]75893[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-75886.jpe   attachment-75887.jpe   attachment-75888.jpe