View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 07:32 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by Celeste
I really admire you for slogging through this! Some people would put it on their to do later- much later list!

As for the walking foot, I got mine at a place where they sell and repair sewing machines.

Just an aside-- I'd do what Patrice suggested!
Well, if it weren't going to be the first birthday gift my friend has gotten in six years...it definatly would be on my "much later list". Speaking of which, one of these days I'll finish my Super Mario mushroom wall hanging (with its 300+ squares).

I'm going to go with what Patrice suggested for sewing the batting to the backing, top to that, and then taking the stitches used to sew the back to the batting out. That and the other things she suggested. I'm going to start that tomorrow.

Originally Posted by kathy
FVG, are you supporting the weight of the quilt enough so that the machine isn't trying to pull it up from your lap? Too much resistance will give you tiny stitches too. I have to stop ever few inches and readjust to make sure the machine doesn't have to pull the quilt up to it. I've started cutting denim for a quilt, I may back out if it's too much trouble! LOL
I do support the weight of the quilt so that it'll go through easier. Maybe I'm not supporting it enough.

Ah, I'm sure you'll do fine with a denim quilt. Hey, if I haven't backed out of this quilt by now (me, who has very little quilting experiance), you shouldn't back out of a denim quilt either. LoL.