View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Butterflyspain

Originally Posted by Loretta
I have to laugh when I see the Tapas recipe book. Reminds me of my dropping jaw when my son was 20 and traveling through Spain and told me his food was free from a Tapas Bar- I thought he said topless bar. LOL
I hadn't heard of Tapas before that but last Christmas gave him a Tapas recipe book. Family still teases me about it! http://www.tapas-recipes.com/
I did laugh when I saw your post. I was telling Terri how Tapas came about. It started in a Bar somewhere when the barman put a slice of bread on top of the glass to stop the flies taking a swim. Tapa means lid in english. Then it just progressed. Now a Tapa comes in various sizes racion or half racion. Half racion is just a small plate about the size of a saucer with maybe 6 prawns and a slice of bread, or red roasted peppers with oil and garlic. Love them they are just so tasty. Usually when we go out we have 6 different tapas and a basket of bread, makes a lovely snack.

By the way they are no longer free in this area. but relatively cheap about 1 euro a 1/2 racion each but we have found a little bar that sells them for 0.60 cents-

Elle