View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 07:58 PM
LovinMySoldier

Originally Posted by dsb38327
I didn't know vinegar might stop a bleed but I always use vinegar to set the colors. I was taught the color would stay new looking longer. I have been very pleased with my results and have washed hundreds of yards in it. I just fill the washer, add a 1/2 to 1 cup vinegar and let it set 30 minutes to an hour. Then I add my laundry detergent and run the washer through it's cycle. May not work but I have quilts I am still proud of 20 years later and curtains that have been washed many times and the fabric still looks like new.
Thanks for the answer that I was looking for! It may be an old wives tale but I believe it works lol. My aunt washes all of her clothes and everything she buys in vinegar the very first wash. Then she just washes everything together. Reds with whites and so on. It all goes in. She never has an issue with anything. I couldn't call her today since she is on vacay but I wanted to at least set the color for my quilt. LOL just pastel colors. So nothing to important but I wanted to see if it would really work and keep the colors looking fresh!