Old 07-17-2010, 07:44 AM
montanablu

Originally Posted by BKrenning
Originally Posted by Pollyv9
I cut the side of my finger off right along the nail (missed the nail, thank goodness) but I don't even remember what quilt I was working on at the time!
I did the exact same thing about a month ago. Ran upstairs and grabbed a wash cloth to wrap it up in then began digging through the linen closet one handed for gauze & a bandage. Had hubby wrap me up then went right back down to that naughty cutter and finished what I was working on. It was sensitive if I bumped it but I was on a roll with that quilt! Now it's laying on hubby's pool table waiting for borders because a D9P urge overwhelmed me.
Yep! Me too! I cut the side of my finger off while cutting fabric for a customer at my shop! New blade (of course) & that rotary cutter just jumped right over the ruler edge! Customer was a great friend - even took me to ER. Tried to keep a hard hold to ebb the bleeding, but let go once to ease cramps in my other hand-- & of course, blood all over her car! While I was at ER my shop partner found the chunk of finger wedged underneath the blade of the cutter. (Glad she found it & not me-yuck!)
That was 2 1/2 yrs ago & I never got the feeling back in my finger tip. Too much nerve damage Dr said.
Go figure!! the next week my shipment of ruler safety guards came in!! Put them on EVERY ruler in the shop & at home! Strongly urge their use - you just never know when that darn thing will 'jump the track'

Everyone, PLEASE be careful:)