Old 07-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

I forgot about my grandmother -her dad was a twin. They were Frederick and Theodore -Fred and Ted. Very typical names for their era! But my grandma's dad died when he was 27. I have wondered how hard it would be on a surviving twin. Whether it is harder than an single.

Sue I imagine you are right about the temperament. But my son and his wife have worked to encourage them to be individuals. Angie still dresses them alike tho or the outfits are similar. Glen told her she could do that when they went places but at home they had to be free to choose whatever clothes they wanted to wear. The boys have definate ideas about what they each like and dont like. They are such opposites in alot of ways.

My three kids are only a year apart from each other so we did end up raising them like triplets alot of the time. Everything was done in 3s and they were together most of the time. They were always the same height as they grew up. One might be an inch or so taller for a bit then the other two would catch up and they would all be the same size. Until Sara started kindergarten they shared clothes. As they grew older they still shared clothes alot. So it was like having triplets til they hit the preteens. There is 2 1/2 yrs betweent Sara the oldest and Glen the youngest with Nathan in the middle. So they were a tight trio for a long time. Then they hit the preteens and boy did things change! LOL Sara and Nathan couldn't stand each other and Glen played peacemaker! LOL