View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 01:18 PM
rhueluna

Originally Posted by Minda
Originally Posted by rhueluna
Hi I am working on Dear Jane. I am just doing it here and there between other quilts. I am on the 4th row (D) and connecting the rows as I go. I will do about 4 rows and quilt it in sections. I do that with most quilts so I can take it with me when I go someplace without hauling around the whole thing. Then when the sections are done, I put right sides together and sew the front, and then slip stitch the backing. I am hand stitching the whole thing. Piecing and then hand quilting when I am done. I will piece the borders, quilt them in sections and add them to the finished center. Then you can get the hand quilting easily. Here are the first 2 rows.
Do you remember what line of fabric you used for the last block in row 2? I can't find anything I like for that block. Thanks.
Hi Actually I looked everywhere to find fabric like that too. I ended up cutting cross marks in the brown fabric and covered it over a black and white stripe. I think thats what Jane did too if you look closely at the picture of her quilt. The pattern book doesn't show the complete pattern as Jane did it, and I make my own when I see that. You could print my block, make cuts a bit smaller than you see the holes and then tuck the fabric in and reverse applique them onto the stripe. I don't explain very well. Hope you understand what I mean. Otherwise you will have to choose a fabric of choice like everyone else does. I didn't accept that and went the Jane route. :) I'm a toughy.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-75056.jpe