Old 07-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Kitzone

Copied this from an early post from Billy on June 27th. I hope this is what your looking for:

Kas wrote:
Ok. Just bought a new, used power plug for my 301. The rubber on the outside of the wires is kind of sticky. Is that normal? should I just return it and try to rewire the plug that came with it? The outside plastic covering the wires was cracked, but the part that connects to the machine is the original bakelite and the insulation on the wires themselves seem uncracked. What do ya think?

I would rewire the bakelite piece, I have done several and they are easy to do. The bakelite piece has two screws on it that you undo and then it comes in halves. You take the brass connectors out of the housing and unscrew the thumb screw to to take the wires off.

Be careful not to loose the little nuts and pieces that come off of the housing. they are tiny and it would be frustrating to have to look for them if they hit the floor.

Go get an indoor extension cord that is 16/2 wired and cut the end off that has the female pug in's on it and separate the wiring and stip back about 1/2" of the insulation.

Here is the tricky part getting the wires on the little lugs. there is a notch in the lug for the wire to come through when it is in the housing so make sure you have the wire entering there.

Once you have the lugs on the wire then put them back into the housing and put the halves back together and you are good to go!!