Thread: Hand Quilting
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 05:19 PM
rhueluna

Originally Posted by Lori L
What beautiful work you do! Can you tell me about your hand quilting.....do you have a large floor frame you put the quilt into or do you quilt with it on your lap? I have only just begun quilting but have already taught myself how to hand quilt and just finished a table runner. Wasn't perfect but I think I did a pretty good job keeping my stitches even and in the neighborhood of 8-10 per inch. I find hand quilting to be very relaxing and loved having the project to work on while watching tv or something to take with me when I was away from home. I hope someday I can put together some work that is as beautiful as yours :)
Hi, I don't use a big floor frame. I can't get much done and it takes up too much room. Instead, I assemble a couple rows at a time, hand quilt it and then attach the pieces together when all are quilted. its much easier and not so bulky on your lap untill you do the last row and the binding and that don't take that long. Notice the butterflies in rows of 2. Then I attach them.