Thread: Hand Quilting
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 06:54 PM
rhueluna

Originally Posted by Alondra
Incredibly beautiful work! Keep doing it, no matter that you don't get praise and credit... future generations will know. Frankly (and I know this is going to alert the quilt police), I think machine quilting has gone too far, just because we can, and many times the quilting patterns either fight with or overpower the piecing or applique work. Overdone is overdone, whatever the medium, and quilting is no exception. I realize I'm swimming against the current here, but c'est la vie. Whole cloth quilting is one thing, but where you have a pieced or appliqued top, that should be the main focus, not the quilting. Ok, I've had my rant now. :lol:
Ha ha ha! I think there are a lot of us out there. The big machine companies sponsor everything so of course they are pushing to sell those things and brain wash everyone to think thats the way to go. It is actually if you want to whip them out and make a blanket for everyone, but if you want an heirloom quilt, you need to do it like quilts were meant to be done in the first place. Some of the intricate designs done with the machine that are so artfully done is a different thing. Thats a work of art too, but not in my mind a quilt as we know them. Like this pink cadilac I saw at the Sisters quilt show is a work of art in my mind, not a quilt per say.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-75198.jpe