View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 08:16 AM
M.I.Late

I sure did! I had purchased 4 of those cloth walmart grocery bags (in black). I took a black sharpie and lined through the bold "Walmart - Paper or Plastic - Neither" part so the whole bag was black. For several weeks I have only been able to find one of them. Well, finally they surfaced when DH was cleaning out his truck. He works for an oil company and gets bags all the time. I really wanted these to use for grocery shopping. So, I gathered them all up and decided I will add a quilt block of some sort so they (DH and Sons) will leave them alone. I have the pieces cut out - laying out on the kitchen counter for maybe four days. I finally sew them up, attach them to bags and am ready to applique them securely down. My youngest son (16) and I go out. Come home and he sees the four bags on the counter and asks "Mom why did you put Swastikas on those bags?" "What, no honey thats a fence rail block" (I liked the green so I made a fourth strip using the green again. Oh, dang I can see it! Why didn't I see it before?) He says, "Wow, my moms gonna carry out her groceries from Walmart in Swastika bags." OMG! What have I done? I couldn't see it before, now it's all I can see.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-74758.jpe