View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 10:16 AM
sahm4605

Originally Posted by mzsooz
I read somewhere the before the Swastika was adapted for ugliness it was actually a religious symbol. Maybe you can just think of this when you look at it!
Actually the swastika is used in many different cultures. In the different cultures it has different meaning. I can't remember them all right now but for one culture it is a broken cross. if i remember it is a symbol of Christ breaking the bonds of death. If you look at any buildings in your town there are art deco and built between the 1910's and 1940's you will see swastikas decorate many of them. In KC there is a building that has them all over. I think that it is Bartel hall. can't remember which one exactly. there is another one if I am remembering my KC history class correct. A few of the cultures that have swastikas either on point flat or flipped are Native Americans, Indians, Egyptians. there are actually many more but can't think of them right this moment.
When ever I see the swastika I remember my grandfather who fought in WW2, and that we must never forget how Hitler as well as many other dictators oppress their people, and how they came into power. Through the promise of change.