Old 07-18-2010, 06:54 PM
elkridgequilter

Originally Posted by Charlee
Originally Posted by JudyG
The local stores around me(all at least 45 minutes away) are great. But --- I was in Redmond, Oregon last week with my quilting group and we all went to a quilt store there and I was less than happy with them. I have a hard time picking out fabrics to go together and want to make a bargello that takes 20 different fabrics, 10 lights and 10 darks, and I want them all to be shades of blue. I have a good portion of them, but still needed a couple more. I asked the gal at the counter (there were, I believe, 4 employees working) if anyone there was good with color and could help me with selecting a couple more fabrics to go with what I already had. Her answer was, "No." Period. No offer to at least try to help me or anything. I was absolutely floored. One of my friends and I were selecting fabrics, and one of the gals did come over and give an opinion on the ones we were looking at, but I left that place less than enthusiastic about returning again.
The woman that owns that shop is well known as a old snag! I should have warned you!!

My sis in law just started quilting this past winter...her first project was a set of placemats, and she wanted a solid green for the border. Went into that shop and inquired about a solid and was told, "We are a REAL quilt shop, we don't carry solids!" Peggy was shocked, but went onto ask where she'd find a solid green, Hancocks or Joannes? Was told, "I don't have the slightest idea, I haven't been in one of those stores in years."
I don't give that woman money when I can avoid it!!

The other place I won't part with money in is the Stitchin' Post in Sisters. They either ignore you totally or are just plain rude. Figure they don't much care whether I spend money there or not, so I don't!

The store in Prineville ROCKS tho!! Rhonda is the sweetest thing...helpful and cheerful.
We can only hope that some of these quilt shop owners/employees read this page. Can you imagine how you might feel if you realized that others saw you this way!?! Maybe you would change your behavior.