View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 04:40 AM
Up North

Originally Posted by Ragann63
Not sure you really want my opinion! You can tell by my avatar I like old things - I can't imagine painting this chair white! So sad. I agree with sewnsewer, many a true antique has been ruined because the owner wasn't aware of what they had. Although I wouldn't care for what you are doing, I wish you luck if you choose to do it!
I like old things too and most of my furniture is antique but it is pretty beat up! I love it like that!! That white ring on the end table is a reminder of my supervisor who sat her glass there, Scatch on the glass of the coffee table of a vase or child playing, rubbed off stain on a chair, A well loved and use piece of furniture. I do not refinish any of mine, I have recovered the chairs tho. I polish with lemon oil. I think it is your chair and for $5.00 you can do what you want, it will be lovely. The finish does look to be in good shape tho. My bed is about 150 years old, just a small amount of lemon oil and it is in great shape. I love to think about who may have used that bed all those years ago.