View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 01:08 PM
patricej
Administrator

an ebay dealer has one up for auction here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/JANOME-MEMORY-CR...item3f0197fddc

there's nearly a week left, so expect the final bid to be at least double what it shows right now.

unless they're rolling out a new model, the top price for the mc11000 is around $7,000 dollars. some dealers do not discount at all, some do. my local dealer sells it for much less than that. see my note above. i'd have called for his current price but they're closed on mondays.

if you can get it new for several thousand less than the price quoted by your local dealer(s), i think it makes sense to get it online. it's a great machine so even if you did have to take it to a local dealer for something, you'd still save a lot of money overall. dealers won't quote you a price by email but some will quote over the phone.

do not buy any machine in that price range without sitting down and testing it first. some people swear by ford, others by chevy. it's the same with high end sewing machines. they are all good but each appeals to different people. the fact that i love mine doesn't guarantee you'd love it as much. test as many as you can before you decide.