View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Doris Sumnicht

Originally Posted by Harmony
I've seen examples of the Dear Jane quilt. They're beautiful. This is not a quilt for the faint at heart--we're talking major time commitment here! Good luck with yours--please post photos of your blocks as you complete them!
I have made numerous blocks from the published patterns, but found that the size of 4-1/2 inches too tedious, so redrafted many of them to six and eight inches, Six inches and 8 inches are OK, but some of the designs are almost too primative for 12 inches. Blend these for table runners, bed runners, couch toppers, and in one quilt (for a western artist sister), I used these with my own "simple" and "classic" blocks including cattle brand appliques on "western" backgrounds--all worked perfectly. . On the "label" (Pima pen written) I acknowledged the sources, did not specifically identify which ones were from the Jane Quilt, and thanks to this forum's group suggestions, also indicated that Jane's were "made in wartime 1863" that mine was also "made in wartime, 2003" Everything is so old it is new again!! Enjoy this quilting journey.