Old 07-20-2010, 12:33 AM
candlequilter
Banned

Unexpectedly about seven years ago one of my young nieces called me and asked me if I could take her 4 children. Her and her husband were separated and he didn't want them and she didn't have room for them in her one bedroom apartment. They were 3,4,6 and 7. I told her yes and that I would be there within 30 minutes. When I picked them up they didn't have anything but the clothes they were wearing and they weren't even completely dressed. I took them straight from there to KMart just to get enough clothes for that night and the next day. The next morning I called my boss and told her that I needed the day off to get things setup for taking care of these 4. I was single at the time and worked full time. Anyway, I got childcare taken care of for them while I worked, managed to get enough clothes for several days changes and adjusted my schedule to fit their needs. This all happened the middle of October. As the holiday season approached I was trying to figure out how to give these 4 children some sort of Christmas. Along with the 4 children came all the extra expenses of taking care of them. At our montly meeting the group of people I worked with had all got together and bought clothes, toys, books, shoes, and wrapped them all for those 4 little ones. They gave me so many presents for those 4 that I could hardly get it in my car. Plus they gave me a gift card for $200 for the supermarket. I was so touched my their generousity for these kids they had never met I will never forgot what they did for them for me. Miracles do happen when you least expect them. Just as a follow up the mom got remarried and all the kids are back with her and her husband who cares and provides for them all very nicely.