View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 01:50 PM
miss_ticky2

Hi..I am a Janome lover and am hoping to get a new machine in the not too distant future and am trying to do some research first. Firstly, I would LOVE the new Janome Horizon but don't know if my budget will stretch that far so I am looking at the 6500 and 6600 at this stage.

I have been to a couple of dealers locally and have been told a couple of things that I would like your thoughts on.

1. The 6500 - I was told that people prefer the 6600 over the 6500 because the 6500 doesn't have the 2 little extra feed dogs in front and when you are trying to stitch right near the edge, like with a triangle point, it will pull the fabric down into the bobbin area. Whereas the 6600 will feed it through quite easily.

2. The 6600 - at another dealer I was told that the quilting ladies there prefer the 6500 over the 6600 because the built in walking foot at the back of the 6600 gets in the way. They said that when stitching bulky items that scrunch up, like quilts, the quilt tends to catch on the walking foot because it's fitted too low.

Just wondering what your thoughts were on those respective machines with those comments...or anything else you feel to mention.

Also, do many of you miss not having a free-arm? That's something else I'm not sure about.

Thanks everyone :)