View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 05:21 PM
candlequilter
Banned

One of the main reasons I do the American Hero Quilts is because my dad past away on Christmas Eve and I wanted to do something special that I know he would have been proud of. So I did 82 of the American Hero Quilts before his 82nd birthday would have been. He served in the Korean War when he was younger and I have a daughter that just finished serving 9 years in the Navy. In fact she was on the USS Carl Vinson when 9 11 happened. They were out in the Persian Gulf at the time and were sent immediately to the Arabian Sea and the first attack planes were launched off of the Carl Vinson. If you ever see an aircraft carrier with the workers on the flight deck my daughter was one of the green shirts. That signifys what they do or where they work. She was an aviation electronics, she worked on the airplanes on the flight deck. I am very proud of my dad, my daughter, my brother who served and all of the many unknown people that have served and still are serving. I feel that there is no greater cause to be a part of.