View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 08:07 PM
dmackey

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your concern about the amount of work involved and I appreciate those who are looking out for me, but I think you might be missing the point.

There are quilt shops out there that do not have web sites. There are a ton of lists on the web, but they are incomplete and some of them are very old and have closed shops on their lists. Some web site shops, do not have a retail store or are located in homes.

I don't want to research the web looking for quilt shops and verifying their status.

What I am asking for is for members to send me the info via this thread for the shops they go to, complete address, phone, web link and any details about the shop of particular interest, such as long arm rentals, lots of fats, mostly Moda, has classes, etc.

I will compile a list by state, and maybe alpha by town, of shops you have given me so that we all know these shops exist and are currently in business and will put the month/year next to the name of the time it gets posted. I don't mind making the list and keeping it updated at all. I will put it in a Google spread sheet and provide a public link to it.

If someone steals it for profit, they will have to live with themselves. My only interest is giving back to the board members here who have been a fabulous source of inspiration, compassion and knowledge. Everyone is free to share the links if they choose to.

I will kindly ask all of you to please not send me a link to a list. I am looking for the shops you go to and their locations only. Service is not a concern and will not be posted in the commentary portion.

Thank you very much to everyone who participates.

Diane