View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 03:44 AM
quiltinghere

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
I'm gonna keep it simple.
I say work on them because I KNOW I won't get them done no matter HOW hard I try!
Ahhhhh you deserve a hug (((((((hug)))))))
There!
Feel better now!
Ok maybe just maybe you won't get them DONE but just think how much closer you'll be to getting there. 25% - 50% closer? That would be nice - because then you can do more next week.

I love your first sentence though "Keep it Simple". These goal setting threads aren't here to make us upset with ourselves because we can't tackle 17 quilting projects in one week. It's to help us SEE THAT WE ARE DOING.

(getting on my soapbox now)
Standing up for all of us when I type this - WE do sooooo many things throughout our day (as parents, house tenders, students, bread winners, care givers, friends to others) that WE sometimes think we're not getting anything done. KWIM?

Here we can list one or two or three quilty things to concentrate on - focus on - for the week. Work on it when you get a few minutes - get up early or stay up later for 30-60 minutes. It's YOUR TIME!!! At the end of the week hopefully you will see progress. The project doesn't have to be DONE. Finished has many phases.

Think like the Little Engine "I think I can ....".
(getting off my soapbox now - very carefully) :)