Old 07-21-2010, 09:02 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

It's done. I actually finished stitching the binding on a couple of hours ago, and I have spent the remaining time getting rid of all the microstitch tacks. They are quick to go in, but take a bit longer to get them out, even with the little gadget.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't take a very good pic at the moment, because if I put it on my bed, I can't get back far enough to take a decent pic. I don't have a quilt stand here, and no spare bodies to hold it up for me. I will take it to my quilt meeting tomorrow and get them to hold it up for me. In the end, I draped it over the sofa so you could see it.

As for counting the stitches, I will count mine, if you count yours! (and you go first!) And yes, my left hand is a tad sore. I think the right hand has become used to the work, but my left hand has rebelled the last couple of days - it will recover, it was holding the binding and tucks between each scallop that did it.

And Patti, yes, it's a simply great feeling - come on everyone, I can highly recommend it, so I would love to see all your quilts coming along. I have no idea what I am going to do every evening now LOL. Well, I do really, I need to get Elle's IRR Border started, and I have a half knitted jumper I abandoned in February so I could motor on with Jane.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-73409.jpe   attachment-73410.jpe