View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 01:19 PM
PuffinGin

Originally Posted by Twilliebee
The machine you're looking at may be a 99K. It's sometimes mistaken for a FW because the machine head is also 3/4 size. But the FW weighs in at about 14 lbs in the case. The 99K weighs in at 24 lbs. Same size, but big difference if you're lugging it around. On the other hand, the 99K has the same get straight stitch and reliablity. Good luck! The retreat sounds wonderful.
It is a 99K. Oh well, the price was right---free. Overall looks good but definitely needs some TLC. I'm going to start with some machine oil and getting dust in the case out, then I'll see if it works.

As far as the retreat, I'd prefer driving w/ DH. It's about 1250 miles from home but we'll need to leave directly from a wedding we're attending the weekend before, so it'll be almost 1400 miles (3 1/2 days because we like a fairly leisurely pace). I will plan to look up some quilt shops along our route too. Because the retreat will be the primary reason behind the trip, DH won't be able to complain about those stops. Truthfully, he is usually very accommodating to my stops if I don't do too many.