Old 07-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Born2Sew

Originally Posted by Bubblegum0077
I belielve Bailey's is made out of country and I was told that the quality is poor for this machine. Inexpensive, but you get what you pay for.

When I was looking for a machine, I was told that the Janome MC6600 Sewing and Quilting machine can also be put on a contraption to use on a frame. I saw this in a quilt shop when I was in the New Port Richey areas. I can get the name of the shop if you want to inquire about it. The frame goes up to 12'. It was something I was thinking about since I could use the same machine to make my tops, then quilt it once I hooked it up the the frame allowing me to save on buying a second machine. Now if you are going to quilt a lot, then it might pay for you to get a new long arm and frame.

I got my machine in Lake City at Fabric Arts Shop. The owner wasn't aware that my Janome can be put on a frame. Odd.

I guess this site would be one of the best places to ask. Also, call quilt shops and ask the people who use long arms. Some may have old machines, others will have the new fancy stuff. Depends on how much you want to spend.
The Bailey is not made out of the country.. It is basically a stretched Janome machine... Just for the record...