View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 06:50 PM
amandasgramma

Glad it worked out!!!
The PO is my enemy at times....at least, ours here. We went on the road a few years ago for 3 months. Called and told them to quit forwarding our mail when we were headed home...........no problem. Came home, picked up some mail, reminded them to NOT forward it anymore.................no problem. It took 6 weeks and 2 more "visits"............they were STILL forwarding my mail. Now, mind you, the mail was being forwarded back and forth to the same addresses!!!! I told the clerk to quit forwarding...she said they weren't. I said everything, including my insurance cards were NOT being delivered. She said (I kid you not) "it's not being forwarded. And if an envelope says to not forward we don't forward it, we send it back". I asked if they weren't FORWARDING our mail, why would they send my "non-forwardable" mail back. She said "We're not, but we can't forward unforwardable mail". I threw up my hands and left. Two days later I went in and talked with the Post Master.....turns out she hadn't taken out name off the COMPUTER for forwarding the mail........only off the dry-erase board. We discussed what the staff meeting should involve. I suggested firing the idiot!!!!