Old 07-22-2010, 02:15 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by wilhelmina
Ok Lesley, Batchelor Buttons (B-1) is the O-N-L-Y block I have hand stitched...four buttons in the middle 136 stitches. ((what!)) :shock: I couldn't believe there are that many, they are tiny, but not so pretty and even like yours! I am happy with my perfect machine stitches on all my other blocks! We all have different talents and hand stitching was never mine!

Your turn :lol: :lol: :lol: but if you estimated one of your square blocks and one of your tris, we could do the math, honest for an estimate. Do you suppose you have over a 100,000 hand stitiches????

You know I think your quilt is beyond words...beautiful!!!!!
Wow, I am amazed at you actually counting one. Picking an average block would be the awkward part, because some are much simpler than others. Of course, I machine pieced, but I hand appliqued, and then there is all the quilting. Somehow, I think that 100,000 might not be enough.

I know the Amish quilters charge by the yard of thread they use to quilt. I have virtually emptied two reels, each with 1000 metres on them, just doing the quilting. I know there would have been quite a bit of wastage, because I hate sewing with just three or four inches in my needle, so a lot would have gone in the bin (trash) but even so, it's still a lot of yardage.