Thread: scant 1/4"
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 11:26 PM
gcathie

quilterj....if you have the 1/4 foot that has the edge...forget the card....sew you line....take it off and measure to see if your seam is a scant 1/4.... if so GREAT ....if not adjust your needle with the card inserted in it on the line.....if you can't adjust the needle or are in doubt....put your needle in the line of the card......strighten up the card ...I use about 10 layers of blue painters tape....and about 5 inches long... that gives me a good edge to sew against...keep checking and adjust accordingly Okay???? if you go to pictures of the this Forum and look at "my sewing room" you will see my machine it is set up this way ... good luck.... let us know how it goes.....sometimes it is trial and error but it is VERY important to get that 1/4 seem....it will make life easier for you...and the more you do the better you'll get...above all have fun!! :D

CindyBee gave really great directions ...so hopefully between the two of us and all the help you get it figured out...just breathe it will be okay :lol: