Old 07-22-2010, 06:24 PM
auntjo

Finished the flannel sheet cases for my design wall (1-1/2" thick, 4'x8' styrofoam insulation board), rearranged the room a bit so when I'm ready to tackle more than practice pieces & small donation quilts with my new addition of a mid-arm frame/machine quilting set-up I won't have to totally rearrange again. The BOM quilt on the wall is the latest to give me something to tackle on the frame w/the machine. If you haven't guessed, I'm totally new at this machine quilting - & just brought home the frame & machine last weekend after finding it on Craigslist & making an out-of-town work retreat trek that worked to pick it up.

I'm a hand quilter at heart but arthritis is beginning to take it's toll in my fingers, so I know I have to learn. Plus I went back to school finally finished my degree & taught jr hi math a couple years as the last of our kids was finishing up high school so the newest variation of the sewing room has been in process for several years, but nothing much has been done IN it til this past year when I finished hand-quilting a couple projects that have been WIPs for many, many years...while life went on & I did everything else.

The baby quilt is for a friend - soon to be first time g'ma. My 2nd attempt at machine quilting on my little White Jeans machine. It worked, but also led me to my newly acquired 2nd hand Juki TL98Q & Brother 1500S (9" throat) machines. I make bed quilts - or always have in the past, so my little machine just wasn't going to cut it in that endeavor.

Hope this works I'm new at these boards too...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-72641.jpe   attachment-72740.jpe   attachment-72741.jpe