Old 07-23-2010, 04:52 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tweety
Took the words right out of my mouth. I take it that every square is different, right? Looks like fun!
Originally Posted by quiltilicious
Less than 7 months and hand quilted??? Wow! Did you stop to eat or sleep?

It is awesome.
Thank you, thank you, you have all been so kind with your comments. Yes, I did stop to eat and sleep, but didn't to a great deal else. Most other things in my life seemed to go on hold for a bit. At the beginning, it was very cold here, the worst winter for 50 years, so there was absolutely no incentive to go out at all, and getting on with sewing seemed a good thing to do. Lately when the weather has been so much better, it was a bit hard to carry on, but by that time, I wanted it done and dusted so that I could get on with other things, without this hanging over my head.

Someone mentioned the plain triangles. This is the design I used. I took two different elements from celtic designs dating from 375bc, cut out a template of them, and drew round each one to quilt them. They do have two little triangular cut outs, but my craft knife blade broke trying to get the second one cut, so I just turned the template over to draw it in.

Quilt design in the plain triangles
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72393[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-72388.jpe   attachment-72389.jpe