View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 07:15 AM
Lori L

Originally Posted by Bottle Blonde
I brought this up on another thread and thought I would post it again. This topic may have been discussed before...if so, I missed it.

About 15 years ago I was making a costume for my DD, my pincushion wasn't handy and as I removed the straight pins while I was sewing a seam I put the pins between my lip. I know we have all done this! Well -- I sneezed -- the pins went into my mouth and throat and I totally freaked out! I couldn't breath very well and I was home alone. Thankfully I got them out by myself with my fingers and tweezers. It really hurt and scared the you-know-what out of me. I have never put pins or needles in my mouth since. Please don't it -- I think I was lucky they didn't go further down my throat.

You actually posted this in response to my comment about germs in your mouth and then sticking yourself with a needle/pin. Great idea reposting in it's own thread! Well worth it to give the warning to everyone. The visual I get just reading your post is.......OMG! And that's from an old ER nurse LOL