Old 07-23-2010, 08:23 AM
rejenea

Originally Posted by rejenea
Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Originally Posted by rejenea
Can we request to be in a group that has no international mailing?
If you aren't able to fund the international part of the mailing, I will put you mailing to someone within the US. That DOES NOT mean that there won't be someone in the group that lives abroad.
Like I said before,,,it's hard on everyone to send internationally and it's usually ALWAYS the same people sending overseas/Canada in every swap. That's not the fair thing to do. Everyone has economic/money problems at times, even those that CAN afford the international shipping. So, for everyone to say they would prefer to ship to US addys only is hard.
Another thing to remember is....international (Europe/Canada) HAVE to spend the extra money to ship, and they are not complaining about it. The only time the shipping gets really bad is when it's almost at the end of the "game" and the top is reaching a heavy weight and/or people have included extra items such as fat quarters (gifts to center owner) and whatnot.

***I'm not singling you out with quoting you, but I have had many, MANY pm's asking me this same question, so I thought I would put it on the thread.
In order to be fair I must unfortunately remove myself from this round robin. Sorry for any inconvenience. I should have checked into this at the beginning. So, I believe I will stick to the swaps because of the smaller packages. I will still follow the link to see how everyone's tops turn out. Have fun everyone and thanks a lot for all your help. :thumbup:
Because I brought this up in the main section I thought it only right I finish it here. So... to be short and sweet, my beautiful sister is paying for all my postage so that I can have and 'international' quilt. I don't have a quilt because I give them all away. This will be my Christmas/birthday/etc present from her.

I'm done. I promise not to bounce any more. Can't wait.