View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 09:50 AM
Rebecca VLQ

Originally Posted by mlaceruby
Is that on their website anywhere?
good to know and I want to print it and take with me!
we are in a rural area and most PO have one clerk(the postmaster)
they do what they want and you pay or they won't ship!

I had one about a year ago refuse to charge me flat rate on a box(with the big red flat rate seal on it) said she had never heard of such a thing all priority was by weight and destination! Honest!
Envelope size: 9-1/2 X 12-1/2 inches.
One low price for any mailable item sent in a flat-rate envelope provided by the Postal Service, regardless of weight or U.S. destination.

You can print Priority Mail labels with postage with Click-N-Ship at USPS.com and receive a price reduction.

When sealing a flat-rate envelope, the container flaps must be able to close within the normal folds. Tape may be applied to the flaps and seams to reinforce the container; provided the design of the container is not enlarged by opening the sides and the container is not reconstructed in any way.
Under the (?) on usps.com, flat rate envelope. I can't remember where I got the "single strip" info. Like, it's around there somewhere...you just gotta dig!

And when the flat-rate box came out? My most un-favoritest post office lady wanted to charge me regular. They know now that it's all flat-rate for me.