Old 07-23-2010, 10:32 AM
auntjo

Originally Posted by earthwalker
What a beautiful space...looks most inviting and your quilts are lovely...that bird fabric is exceptional - is it vintage or reproduction?
Thanks for your kind comments. I really don't know where I got the bird fabric. Some of my fabric has been sitting for a whole lot of years in my small stash as the kids grew up or even longer as some of what I have is from older stashes from others (like my G'ma when I used to make doll clothes for my Mom's old Shirley Temple doll when I visited at her house/or a friend of my Mom's). Others are pieces picked up at yard sales/clearances, etc.. It's been forever since I bought any fabric until this year so it's entirely possible it's vintage. I almost didn't use it as the quilt top is flannel & this had a real crisp almost glazed finish (the older polished cottons?) to it folded on the shelf - but the color & pattern went with the rest of the quilt & it was the perfect size to use it up when I added the yellow flannel borders to it. That finish went away with the quilting.